Medical / Marp (Infirmary)
The Medical Team at Camp works in The Marp and is always staffed by a Nurse and a Doctor. The Medical Team is responsible for the management and delivery of medical care, physical health and distribution of medication for campers and staff. The Marp manages all physical health issues including those that campers come with to camp and any that may develop or present while at camp.
For most families, you will go the whole summer without hearing from the Marp, though there are a few circumstances when you will be contacted by the Marp:
- If your child has to stay overnight in the Marp, you will receive a phone call from the Medical Team with information about your child’s health.
- If your child needs to go to the local hospital or see a specialist outside of camp. You will always receive a phone call from the doctor in these situations. We will stay in touch with you through this process and provide information for follow up, irrespective of the time of day.
- If your child is given a new prescription medication (exclusive of the list of pre-approved over the counter medications), Parents/Guardians will receive a phone call from the nurse with this information.
- If your child has a significant change in their mental health, parents/guardians will be contacted by a member of the Medical Team or Yoetzet.
- If there are any changes that mark more than a 12 hour difference to medication administration times.
TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE THESE CALLS, PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS UP TO DATE.
The Medical Team manages many conditions for which we do not call home including, but not limited to
- minor cuts/scrapes
- common colds
- administration of regular medications
- prescribing topical cream
- short term illnesses that do not require an overnight stay in the Marp
In almost all cases, when a camper is seen in the Marp, we do not put them on the phone with a parent.